Shipping & Returns
Mette Collections ships to customers in Australia and New Zealand. By purchasing a product from our site, you acknowledge and agree to our Terms and to our Shipping & Returns policy. We may update this policy from time-to-time, so we encourage you to review it regularly. These Terms were last updated on 18 February, 2021.
1. Mette Collections Pty Ltd (“Mette”, “we” and “us”) is the operator of www.mettecollections.com.au (“website”, “site”). By placing an order through this website you will be agreeing to the terms below. These are provided to ensure both parties are aware of and agree upon this arrangement to mutually protect and set expectations on our service.
2. Subject to stock availability. We aim to maintain accurate stock counts on our website but from time-to-time there may be a stock discrepancy and we will not be able to fulfil all your items at time of purchase. In this instance, we will fulfil the available products to you, and contact you to confirm whether you would prefer to await restocking of the back-ordered item, or otherwise receive a refund.
Shipping costs and insurance
3. Shipping is complimentary for most metropolitan areas in Australia for orders $130 and over by retail customers only. In order to minimise the costs of shipping, shipping rates are calculated during checkout based on weight, dimensions and destination of the items in the order. Payment for any shipping costs owed will be collected with the purchase. This price will be the final price for shipping to the customer.
4. Parcels are insured for loss and damage up to the value as stated by the courier.
5. If you change your mind before you have received your order, we are able to accept cancellations at any time before the order has been dispatched. If an order has already been dispatched, please refer to the Returns section of our policy, below.
Returns due to change of mind
6. Mette will happily accept returns due to change of mind so long as a request to return is received by us via email within 7 days of receipt of item and are returned to us in original packaging, unused and in resalable condition. It is recommended that insurance be taken out by the customer as Mette will not accept liability for items damaged in return-transit.
7. Return shipping must be arranged and paid for by the customer. Once returns are received and accepted, refunds will be processed to your payment method. Mette Collections Pty Ltd will refund the value of the goods returned but will not refund the value of any shipping paid. We will notify you once this process has been completed via email.
Returns due to defect
8. Due to the handcrafted nature of many of our products, slight differences and imperfections may occur in the craft. In certain cases, goods are individually handmade and no two are the same. On purchasing our products, you acknowledge that slight differences do not constitute a defect. Advertised samples are indicative only.
9. Mette will honour returns due to demonstrable product defects, provided that a claim with appropriate documentation including photos is submitted within 14 days of delivery of the items.
10. Customers will be required to liaise with Mette to arrange return shipping. Mette will cover costs of return-shipping. Customers will be reimbursed for the cost of goods purchased upon successful defect claim. Upon return receipt of returned items for defect claim, you can expect Mette to process your defect claim within 7 days.
11. Once a defect claim is confirmed, you will receive the choice of:
a. refund to your payment method; or
b. to have a replacement item sent to you (if stock is available).
12. Mette delivers only to physical street addresses in Australia. This does not include post offices, P.O. Boxes, locked bags, parcel lockers or parcel collect locations.
13. If a receiver is not home to sign for a parcel, it will either be delivered to a nearby location for collection or made available for re-delivery. If a shipping company is unable to deliver due to your unavailability at the time of delivery, you will be solely responsible for any applicable re-delivery fees.
14. For change of delivery address requests, we are able to change the address at any time before the order has been dispatched. Once an order has been dispatched, we are unable to change the delivery address. Please refer to the refund section of our policy.
Delivery dispatch time
15. Orders are usually dispatched within 2 business days of payment. Our warehouse operates on Monday to Friday during standard business hours, except on national holidays, at which time the warehouse will be closed. In these instances, we take steps to ensure shipment delays will be kept to a minimum.
Domestic delivery transit time
16. In general, domestic shipments are in transit for 1 to 7 working days from the date of dispatch. Delivery times from the date of dispatch are typically as follows:
a. Melbourne: 1 business day
b. Sydney: 1-3 business days
c. Adelaide: 1-3 business days
d. Canberra: 2-4 business days
e. Brisbane: 2-4 business days
f. Hobart: 3-7 business days
g. Perth 5-7 business days
Note: Deliveries to regional Australian addresses may increase transit time up to 2-4 business days.
17. Domestic delivery times shown at checkout are estimates only. We do not provide money-back guarantees for longer delivery times.
International delivery transit time
18. In general, shipments to New Zealand arrive within 4-6 working days from the date of dispatch.
Note: Deliveries to regional New Zealand addresses may increase transit time up to 2-4 business days.
19. International delivery times shown at checkout are estimated. We do not provide money-back guarantees for longer delivery times.
20. Upon dispatch, you will receive a tracking link from which you will be able to follow the progress of your shipment based on the latest updates made available by the shipping provider.
Delivery time exceeded
21. If delivery time has exceeded the forecasted time, please contact the shipping provider in the first instance so that they can conduct an investigation.
Parcels lost in transit
22. If the shipping provider has lost your order, Mette will process a refund or replacement as soon as the courier has conducted an investigation and deemed the parcel lost.
Parcels damaged in transit
23. If you find a parcel is damaged in-transit, where possible, please reject the parcel from the courier and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the parcel has been delivered without you being present, please email us at email@example.com.
24. Mette will engage with the shipping company and process a refund or deliver our replacement as soon as the shipping company has completed their investigation into the claim.
Australian goods and service tax
25. Australian goods and services tax (GST) is included in the price of the goods as displayed on our website.
Import duties and taxes for Australian customers
26. Mette pays all applicable import duties and taxes for products upon entry to Australia. All applicable Australian import duties and taxes have already been applied to the price of the goods as displayed on our website.
Import duties and taxes for New Zealand customers
27. For shipments to New Zealand, import duties & taxes may be required to be paid. Mette pre-calculate these costs and display them at checkout and give customers the choice of pre-paying these duties and taxes, or choosing to pay them separately upon arrival in your destination country. Mette encourages customers to pre-pay duties and taxes as pre-paying these will facilitate a faster delivery time as they will be less likely to be subject to delays at customs.
28. If you refuse to pay duties and taxes upon arrival at your destination country, the goods will be returned to Mette at your expense. You will receive a refund for the value of goods paid, minus the cost of the return shipping. The cost of the initial shipping will not be refunded.